The Mobile developer will contribute to the design, testing, releasing and support of the android applications. They will work in tandem with the front and back end developers to ensure the applications integrate with the application tools created.
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, application features and protocols
- Work closely with backend developers to plan & implement API integration.
- Work closely with quality assurance tester to create test plans to identify malfunctions and user experience
- UX/UI study/wireframes, design mock-ups and other artwork
- Ensure smooth web applications are uploaded to Google Play Store
- Provide mobile application documentation
- Secure industry standard web application code and source code backup in version control system i.e in Gitlab
- Maintain up to date with mobile application terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Any other task as may be assigned by the IT Director
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming language i.e Kotlin and or Java
- Add advantage for IOS development with Swift
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns e.g MVP or MVC and the ability to advice on the best solution for the app
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking, e.g Retrofit, axios, Alamofire, etc.
- Proficiency with writing automated tests in JUnit, Espresso, Mocha
- Familiarity with the JSON and XML format
- Familiarity with Gitlab
- Working knowledge in integrating third parties e.g social media login, Firebase etc
- Added advantage for extensive knowledge in Flutter programming language
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
What you can expect from us
- A fun, positively challenging environment that exposes staff to contribute to impactful work that is fulfilling.
- We uphold diversity, equity and inclusion in all our engagements
- We reward innovation, creativity and excellence
- Open Institute does NOT offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money.
- An environment that caters for your overall wellness and is committed to building your capacity
If you feel like you could be the one, please fill in the application form and upload resume on PDF before end of day Wednesday 21st April 2021.
Please note that this is a remote working position as we are currently a remote working organization. Women are highly encouraged to apply.